For More Information
Many organizations are working to help parents keep their new teen drivers safe.
- Parents are the Key: The Federal Center For Disease Control and Prevention has launched this major initiative to provide additional resources for parents of teen drivers.
- GDL Calculator: Created by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, this tool shows how the five components of graduated driver licensing laws work to reduce crashes and crash deaths among teens
- Impact Teen Drivers and What Do You Consider Lethal are California-based programs devoted to eliminating teen crashes.
- Parent Central: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website for parents of kids and youth of all ages dedicated to vehicle safety.
- Power of Parents: Mothers Against Drunk Driving provides information to change behaviors regarding teens and alcohol.
- Safe Kids USA works with teens younger than driving age (13 and 14) to help prepare them to drive.
- The US Department of Transportation provides tests of all vehicles and lists the safest cars each year.